Tuesday, October 3, 2023

A little wing and flower commission

I have a commission, yay! Why all the excitement? Well, few people in my circle of friends and family care about the fact that I tat and crochet and as such they don't rush in with requests. I'm glad when I can help with the odd garment repair (of course I sew too), but I'd like to make more interesting things as well.

And I'm sure a lot of crafty people have noticed that a surprise hand-made gift will not always be appreciated or used much. So I am always happy when someone requests something. I also suck at deciding on gifts.

One of my colleagues caught wind of my tatting skills and has asked if I could make her a few small pieces to sew onto a jacket. She chose a few cute patterns (a pair of wings from Wanda's knotty thoughts and two blossoms by Muskaan). She also chose some pearl cotton threads, which are very fine, but which I had in lots of pretty colours.

I set about to tat a couple of mock-ups in pearl cotton to let her get a feel for the actual size. I was tired when I made the wing, so I made one inner ring too few, but it's still going to be ok for a mock-up. I actually hid the ends and blocked the white blossom, since I might use it for something anyway. It certainly came out alright.

 


Now, to take these to work with me to show her and hopefully it will be a good start on my little commission project.

8 comments:

  1. Oh yes, I know just what you mean! Congratulations on getting a commission.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congratulations !!! 😍 And it is so good to be a part of your commission 💗 Hope you show us the final motifs before giving them.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you and also for the lovely patterns! I will definitely take pictures when they're all done.

      Delete

Any feedback or questions are welcome.