Wire wrapped tree of life pendants

I seem to be seldom here, often away and always doing something creative or other.

My Youtube channel has been keeping me busy and I still post frequently over there. Tea and Floppy Disks is my name and gaming is my game. :D I do enjoy trying out new games that have eluded me in my childhood or were released before I was born.

Ah, but I'm on the Dandelion Lace blog now, so let's talk about lace. Actually, not about lace, but about another recent crafty endeavour of mine, wire wrapping.

I had to make a quick gift for my mom and already had the silver plated wire, seed beads and tools. So I looked online for inspiration and noticed that trees of life were popular. I myself had two received as gifts.

So, I set to planning, cutting wire, adding the beads and bending it into shape. It was finnicky business until I more or less got the hang of it.

Purply work in progress on a purply table. Oh, look, my green tatted coaster! :D

 

Since mom likes purple, of course I used purple beads. I'm sure making things for her accounts for 90% of all my purple bead use. :D

It turned out quite nice and I am proud of it, even if it's not perfect. It was quick to make too, taking just two days.


 

I liked it so much that I made a second one for myself with green beads. Both got a good sanding with my tiny engraving tool to smooth the cut edges of the wires. Those aren't perfect either, but I learned for the future. :)


 

Mom liked hers a lot, though when I gave it to her, she said "Oh, you bought me a pendant. I thought you were going to make something." I explained to her that it was indeed made by me and she was doubly impressed. :)

I have since then bought a thicker wire to use for the outside circle and I will have to see if I need to solder that or not. I've never soldered before.

I would like to make more wire wrapping, but for now I'm taking a break. I have some crocheting and sewing to do. I'll return with news on those later. Hopefully not months later. :D

Comments

  1. So clever of you! I like the idea of wire wrapping but don’t want to tackle another craft. I like the tree of life too. Ultimate compliment that your mum thought you’d bought it!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! :) It's not very hard to learn, but it takes some practice to build up the dexterity.

      Delete

Post a Comment

Any feedback or questions are welcome.